- Which of the following statements correctly describe(s) cathode rays? - 06/27/2022
- A convex mirror is used as a driving mirror because… - 06/27/2022
- A transistor functions mainly as a… - 06/27/2022
A bookseller sells Mathematics and English books. If 30 customers bought Mathematics books, 20 customers bought English books, and 10 customers bought the two books, how many customers has he altogether?
- A. 60
- B. 50
- C. 40
- D. 30
Number of people that bought Mathematics books only = number that bought Mathematics – number that bought both. = 30 – 10 = 20
Number of people that bought English books only = number that bought English – number that bought both. = 20 – 10 = 10
Therefore, the total number of customers = customers that bought Mathematics only + English only + both = 20 + 10 + 10 = 40
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is incorrect.
- Option B is incorrect.
- C is correct.
- D is not the correct answer.
You may please note these/this:
- When resolving Venn diagrams, the number that involves all groups is firstly filled in at the middle and before other subsequent values.
Use the questions and answers session to raise further questions on this topic…
You can also FREELY share this page with friends.
/ culled from 2018 JAMB-UTME mathematics question 30 /