A device that converts sound energy into electrical energy is…
A device that converts sound energy into electrical energy is
A. the horn of a motor car
B. the telephone earpiece
C. a loudspeaker
D. a microphone.
When we speak into a microphone, it detects the air vibrations around and converts the energy of these vibrations into electrical impulses that can be amplified and sent to loudspeakers to reconvert back into a louder sound.
So, a microphone converts sound energy from your mouth into electrical energy, and a loudspeaker or earpiece reconverts the electrical impulse back to sound.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is incorrect. the horn of a motor car converts electrical energy to sound energy.
- Option B is incorrect. a telephone earpiece converts electrical impulses to sound energy.
- C is incorrect. a loudspeaker also converts electrical energy to sound energy.
- D is the correct answer. a microphone converts sound energy into electrical impulses.
You may please note these/this:
- Microphones and mouthpieces of phones are good examples of devices that converts sound energy into electrical energy.
- If you love our answers, you can login to comment and say hi to us at the comment section…
To raise new related questions, click the ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page…
/ culled from 2015 JAMB-UTME physics past question 7 /