- A convex mirror is used as a driving mirror because-2… - 08/12/2022
- Natural radioactivity consists of the emission… - 08/12/2022
- In the above diagram MN is perpendicular to ON and MP… - 08/12/2022
A good example of a diploblastic organism is
Diploblastic and triploblastic animals are animals that have two and three embryonic cell layers respectively… to put it simple, radially symmetrical animals like hydra, coelenterates, and jellyfishes are diploblastic, while bilaterally symmetrical animals are triploblastic.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- A is not the right answer. Amoeba is a one-celled protozoan. It does not possess any embryonic cell layer, hence is neither diploblastic nor triploblastic
- B is correct. hydra is diploblastic.
- C is incorrect. earthworm is triploblastic.
- D is incorrect. roundworm is also triploblastic.
You may please note this/these:
- Diploblastic animals possess endoderm and ectoderm only.
- Triploblastic animals possess endoderm, mesoderm, and ectoderm.
- Examples of diploblastic animals are coelenterates, jellyfish, hydra, and generally radially symmetrical animals.
You are free to add your own answers below this page to assist others improve their learning.
You can also click the golden ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page to raise new related questions… OUR COMMUNITY OF EXPERTS WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TACKLE IT…
/ culled from 2019 JAMB-UTME biology past question 30 /