- Which of the following is a set of neutral oxides? - 11/25/2022
- A secondary alkanol can be oxidized to give… - 11/25/2022
- The IUPAC name for CH3CH2COOCH2CH3 is… - 11/25/2022
PERCENTAGE PART-2 TYPE-1,2,3 || By PRINCE SHARMA
A number is selected at random between 20 and 30 both numbers inclusive. Find the probability that the number is a prime
A. 2 / 11
B. 5 / 11
C. 6 / 11
D. 8 / 11
If both numbers are inclusive, then the numbers between 20 and 30 are:
20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
The total number = 11
Prime numbers among these are:
23, and 29 = 2 numbers
Now, probability = required outcome/possible outcome
Hence, the probability that the number is prime = 2/11
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is correct.
- Option B is incorrect.
- C is incorrect.
- D is not the correct answer.
You may please note these/this:
- Prime numbers are numbers that can only be divided by one and itself.
Use the questions and answers session to deal further on this topic…
You can also freely share this page with friends.
/ culled from 2018 JAMB-UTME mathematics question 20 /