A pentagon has four of its angles equal, If the size of the fifth angle is 60…
- Which of the following is a set of neutral oxides? - 11/25/2022
- A secondary alkanol can be oxidized to give… - 11/25/2022
- The IUPAC name for CH3CH2COOCH2CH3 is… - 11/25/2022
Find the Area of a Regular Hexagon
A pentagon has four of its angles equal, If the size of the fifth angle is 60, find the size of each of the four equal angles
Let each of the four equal angles of the pentagon be represented by x, hence, all the angles will be:
x, x, x, x, and 60
now recall that the sum of all the internal angles of a polygon = 180(n – 2), where n is the number of angles which is 5 in this case. This implies:
x + x + x + x + 60 = 180(5 – 2)
4x + 60 = 180(3)
4x + 60 = 540
4x = 540 – 60
4x = 480
x = 480/4 = 120⁰
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is incorrect.
- Option B is correct.
- C is not correct.
- D is not the correct answer.
You may please note these/this:
- Sum of all the interior angles of a polygon = 180(n – 2)
- Sum of all the exterior angles of a polygon = 360
- If you love our answers, you can login to comment and say hi to us at the comment section…
To raise new related questions, click the ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page…
/ culled from 2020 JAMB-UTME mathematics past question 19 /