A short chain is sometimes attached to the back of a petrol tanker to…
- Which of the following statements correctly describe(s) cathode rays? - 06/27/2022
- A convex mirror is used as a driving mirror because… - 06/27/2022
- A transistor functions mainly as a… - 06/27/2022
A short chain is sometimes attached to the back of a petrol tanker to
A. Conduct excess charges to the earth
B. Ensure the balancing of the tanker
C. Caution the driver when over speeding
D. Generate more friction
As the air surrounding a travelling petrol tanker rubs and creates friction with the walls of the tank, charges could be accumulated. Now a chain is usually attached to the back of the tanker in order to conduct and discharge any risky excess charges to the earth.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is correct.
- Option B is incorrect. not for balance.
- C is incorrect. wrong. not to prevent over speeding.
- D is not the correct answer. unreasonable option.
You may please note these/this:
- Accumulated charges could cause explosive hazards, this is why there is need to earth them through the dangling chains.
If you love our answers, you can login to comment and say hi to us at the comment section…
To raise new related questions, click the ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page!
/ culled from 2015 JAMB-UTME physics question 34 /