According to Charles’ law, the volume of a gas becomes zero at…
According to Charles’ law, the volume of a gas becomes zero at
According to Charles law, the volume of a gas is zero at zero kelvin.
So, we need to convert each of the options from degree Celsius to kelvin and the option with 0 kelvin takes it.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is incorrect. 0 degree Celsius = 273K
- Option B is incorrect. -100 degree Celsius = 273 – 100 = 173K
- C is correct. -273 degree Celsius = 273 – 273 = 0 K
- D is not the correct answer. -373 degree Celsius = 273 – 373 = -100K
You may please note these/this:
- At zero kelvin, the volume of any gas is zero.
Use the questions and answers session to deal further on this topic…
You can also freely share this page with friends.
/ culled from 2018 JAMB-UTME Chemistry question 30 /
According to Charles' law, the volume of a gas becomes zero at… » QuizTablet
Course Provider: Organization
Course Provider Name: N.D Sammy
Course Provider URL: QuizTablet.com