According to kinetic molecular model, in gasses
- A. The molecules are very fast apart and occupy all the space made available
- B. The particles vibrate about fixed positions and are held together by the strong intermolecular bond between them
- C. The particles occur in clusters with molecules slightly farther apart
- D. The particles are closely packed together, they occupy minimum space and are usually arranged in a regular pattern
Kinetic theory of gasses explains that the molecules of gas are separated and farther apart when compared to those of solids, they occupy the entire space of the container they are stored. So, this implies that the volume of gas can simply be increased by increasing the volume of its container, or reduced by reducing the volume of its container, its as simple as that.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is correct. the molecules are in constant motion, apart and occupy the entire space of their container.
- Option B is incorrect. this will be a description, fit for solids.
- C is incorrect. not for gasses.
- D is not the correct answer. this quality is not for gasses, but for crystalline solids.
You may please note these/this:
- According to kinetic model for gasses, molecules are farther apart, and occupy the volume of their entire container.
Use the questions and answer section to correct, express, and contribute your views.
You can also help share this page with friends.
/culled from 2019 JAMB-UTME physics question 5/