- Which of the following is a set of neutral oxides? - 11/25/2022
- A secondary alkanol can be oxidized to give… - 11/25/2022
- The IUPAC name for CH3CH2COOCH2CH3 is… - 11/25/2022
Aluminium is sometimes used as the leaf of an electroscope because it
- A. Is a light material
- B. Is a good conductor
- C. Is a good insulator
- D. Can be converted into thin sheets
Aluminum is used to construct the leaves of an electroscope because it is both cheap and can easily be fabricated into thin and light foils. Gold is also used, but not often, because it is more expensive.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is incorrect.
- Option B is incorrect.
- C is incorrect.
- D is the correct answer.
You may please note these/this:
- The nature and functionality of an electroscope requires that the leaves be thin and light enough to easily deflect and indicate charge movements when active.
- Aluminum can offer this thinness and functionality.
Use the questions and answer section to correct, express, and contribute your views.
You can also help share this page with friends.
/culled from 2019 JAMB-UTME physics question 22/