An animal which is active during the day is known as a
A. nocturnal animal
B. diurnal animal
C. terrestrial animal
D. homoatomic animal.
Some animals are very much active in the day and sleep through the night, others are opposite, they sleep through the day and resume activities in the night, eg Bats.
Now to the right option…
- Option A is incorrect; nocturnal animals, like the Bats, are active during the night, and inactive during the day.
- Option B is very correct; diurnal animals are active during the day, and very much inactive during the night.
- No, terrestrial animals are animals that live on land, the concept of being a terrestrial animal has nothing to do with time of activity. So, C is incorrect.
- Actually, D is also incorrect; whatever homoatomic animals implies.
You may please note that:
- Majority of animals are diurnal.
- Some examples of nocturnal animals are: Bats, some species of snakes, owls, and skunks.
You may use the questions and answers session to deal further on this topic…
/ culled from 2018 JAMB-UTME biology question 34 /
An animal which is active during the day is known as » QuizTablet
Course Provider: Organization
Course Provider Name: N.D Sammy
Course Provider URL: QuizTablet.com