An example of monohybrid inheritance in man is
Monohybrid inheritance is the inheritance of the same type of trait from both parents. For example, if T and t are dominant and recessive traits, then a monohybrid offspring will be either TT or tt.
Albinism results from the inheritance of two of its traits from both parents.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- A is not the right answer. astigmatism is a defect of the eye; it is not inherited.
- B is incorrect. cretinism is the acute deficiency in iodine; it is not an inheritable disorder.
- C is incorrect. hyperthyroidism is the excessive release of hormone from the thyroid gland, it is not a hereditary disease.
- D is correct. albinism is a monohybrid disorder.
You may please note this/these:
- Monohybrid inheritance is the inheritance of the same kind of dominant or recessive traits, each from both parents.
- For example, monohybrid inheritance results in the inheritance of two dominant TT, each from both parents or the inheritance of two recessive tt, each from both parents.
- Albinism is a good example of a monohybrid disorder.
You are free to add your own answers below this page to assist others improve their learning.
You can also click the golden ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page to raise new related questions… OUR COMMUNITY OF EXPERTS WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TACKLE IT…
/ culled from 2020 JAMB-UTME biology past question 39 /