Convex mirrors are used as driving mirrors because images formed are
A. erect, virtual and diminished
B. erect, real and diminished
C. erect, virtual and magnified
D. inverted, virtual and diminished.
Convex mirrors are usually used as driving mirrors because:
- They form upright, images that does not confuse the driver.
- They form virtual and unreal images because real images are usually inverted.
- They also form diminished and not magnified images as this is needed to cover a wider area behind.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is correct.
- Option B is incorrect. real images are usually inverted, so are not needed in driving.
- C is incorrect. magnified image would reduce the coverage of the mirror, so, magnified images are not needed.
- D is not the correct answer. Inverted images not needed.
You may please note these/this:
- All images formed by a convex mirror are usually erect, smaller, and virtual.
Use the questions and answers session to correct, express, and contribute your views.
You can also freely share this page with friends.
/ culled from 2018 JAMB-UTME physics question 34 /
Convex mirrors are used as driving mirrors because... » QuizTablet
TOP LEVEL ANSWERS!!!
Course Provider: Organization
Course Provider Name: N.D Sammy
Course Provider URL: QuizTablet.com