Environmental pollution is worsened by the release from automobile exhausts of…
A. water vapour
D. heavy metals
The release of smoke containing mainly oxides of carbon into the atmosphere from automobile exhausts contributes immensely to environmental pollution.
The presence of carbondioxide and other oxides in smoke has led to alarming levels of global warming and greenhouse effect.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is incorrect. water vapor does not cause environmental pollution.
- Option B is incorrect. water vapor and steam are basically the same thing.
- C is correct. Smoke contains mainly carbon dioxide which is a major culprit found to cause serious pollution.
- D is not the correct answer. Heavy metals do not come out of auto exhausts.
You may please note these/this:
- Climate change, rising sea levels, melting of polar ice caps, and so on… have all caused alarm bells ringing across countries. Nations are generating policies to cut down the burning of fossils which contributes greatly, by way of exhaust smokes, to the pollution of our ecosystem.
Use the questions and answers session to raise further questions and deal more on this topic…
You can also freely share this page with friends.
/ culled from 2017 JAMB-UTME Chemistry question 35 /