Ethyne is passed through a hot tube containing organo-nickel…
Ethyne is passed through a hot tube containing organo-nickel catalyst to produce
During a process called cyclic polymerization, ethyne is passed through red hot iron tube to produce benzene. As you can see, the formula for ethyne is C₂H₂, and that of benzene is C₆H₆, polymerizing or tripling the molecule of ethyne gives benzene. This reaction can be catalyzed by the aforementioned.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is incorrect. isoprene is a monomer of natural rubber and not a product of ethyne polymerization.
- Option B is incorrect. polythene is a polymer of ethene (C₂H₄) and not ethyne (C₂H₂).
- C is incorrect. Ethanol, not produced through this way.
- D is the correct answer. Benzene, in a way, is a polymer of ethyne.
You may please note these/this:
- Cyclic polymerization involves the combination of three units of ethyne (aka acetylene), to form benzene.
If you love our answers, you can login to comment and say hi to us at the comment section…
To raise new related questions, click the ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page!
/ culled from 2015 JAMB-UTME Chemistry past question 37 /
Ethyne is passed through a hot tube containing organo-nickel... » QuizTablet
Course Provider: Organization
Course Provider Name: N.D Sammy
Course Provider URL: https://quiztablet.com/about-quiztablet-community/