Evaluate ∫¹₋₂ (x – 1)²dx
A. -3 1/3
It’s either we expand (x – 1)² and integrate the individual components or we use substitution method to solve, whichever method leads to the same answer. let’s use both so that you can choose the one that is more convenient, easier, or faster.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is incorrect.
- Option B is correct.
- C is not correct.
- D is not the correct answer.
You may please note these/this:
- We used two different methods to present alternatives which could be chosen depending on the one you understand most.
- Solving it by expansion is more straight forward but takes more time.
- Solving by substitution is more technical, but faster.
- If you love our answers, you can login to comment and say hi to us at the comment section…
To raise new related questions, click the ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page…
/ culled from 2020 JAMB-UTME mathematics past question 24 /
Evaluate ∫¹₋₂ (x - 1)²dx... » QuizTablet
Course Provider: Organization
Course Provider Name: N.D Sammy
Course Provider URL: QuizTablet.com