- Which of the following is a set of neutral oxides? - 11/25/2022
- A secondary alkanol can be oxidized to give… - 11/25/2022
- The IUPAC name for CH3CH2COOCH2CH3 is… - 11/25/2022
Solve Absolute Value Equation with Unknown on Both Sides
Find the value of x in the figure above
- A. 20√3
- B. 4√3
- C. 5√3
- D. 10√3
If two of the angles of the triangle are 30 and 60 degrees, then the remaining angle is obviously 90ᵒ
This means we are free to use SOHCAHTOA to find x.
Tan θ = opposite/adjacent
Tan 60 = x/10
But tan 60 = √3
√3 = x/10
10√3 = x
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is incorrect.
- Option B is incorrect.
- C is incorrect.
- D is the correct answer.
You may please note these/this:
- SOHCAHTOA is never to be applied to any triangle which has none of its angle as 90 degree.
- Angles with a 90 degree is often called right angled triangle.
- Again, only right-angled triangle is qualified to be resolved with SOHCAHTOA.
- Any triangle which has none of its angles as 90 degree should be analyzed with sine or cosine rule.
If you love our answers, you can login to comment and say hi to us at the comment section…
To raise new related questions, click the ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page!
/ culled from 2015 JAMB-UTME mathematics past question 5 /