Find the variance of the data
- A. 4.69
- B. 3.42
- C. 4.85
- D. 3.72
Variance = average of the squared difference between each score and the mean score.
Hence, variance = 171/46 = 3.72
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is incorrect.
- Option B is incorrect.
- C is incorrect.
- D is the correct answer.
You may please note these/this:
- Variance is the average of the square of the deviation of each score from the mean.
- To calculate variance:
- We firstly find the mean,
- Then subtract each score from the mean, and
- Then square each of the answers gotten, and
- Then multiply each of the squares with the corresponding frequency, and
- Then sum them up, and
- Finally divide this sum with the total frequency to get the variance.
Use the questions and answer session to correct, express, and contribute your views.
You can also share this page with friends.
/ culled from 2019 JAMB-UTME mathematics question 15 /