- Which of the following statements correctly describe(s) cathode rays? - 06/27/2022
- A convex mirror is used as a driving mirror because… - 06/27/2022
- A transistor functions mainly as a… - 06/27/2022
From the diagram above, find the value of x
- A. 15°
- B. 25°
- C. 30°
- D. 45°
Don’t be confused by the slightly complex diagram featured in this question. We are required to find the value of x, which can directly be calculated from the triangle ABD ignoring other components.
Remember, angle on a straight line = 180°
Therefore, angle BDA = 180 – 65 = 115°
Also, the sum of the total angles in a triangle = 180°
Therefore, x + 50 + 115 = 180
x = 180 – 50 – 115 = 15°
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is correct.
- Option B is incorrect.
- C is incorrect.
- D is not the correct answer.
You may please note these/this:
- Sum total of angles in a triangle = 180 degrees
- Sum total of angles on a straight line = 180 degrees.
Use the questions and answers session to raise further questions and deal more on this topic…
You can also FREELY share this page with friends.
/ culled from 2017 JAMB-UTME mathematics past question 37 /