If an element X of atomic number Z and mass number Y is…
If an element X of atomic number Z and mass number Y is irradiated by an intense concentration of neutrons, the relevant nuclear equation is
Total atomic number of a product must be = total atomic number of reactants = Z + 0 = Z
Total mass number of a product must be = total mass number of reactants = Y + 1
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is incorrect. wrong mass number and atomic number of a product.
- Option B is correct. equal total mass and atomic number on both sides.
- C is incorrect. wrong mass number and atomic number of an product.
- D is not the correct answer. Correct mass number, but wrong atomic number.
You may please note these/this:
- Simple addition of all the mass numbers and atomic numbers on both sides must be equal.
You are free to add your own answers below this page to assist others improve their learning.
You can also click the golden ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page to raise new related questions… OUR COMMUNITY OF EXPERTS WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TACKLE IT…
/ culled from 2016 JAMB-UTME Chemistry past question 34 /
If an element X of atomic number Z and mass number Y is... » QuizTablet
Course Provider: Organization
Course Provider Name: N.D Sammy
Course Provider URL: quiztablet.com