If the interest of N150.00 for 2 ½ years is N4.50, Find the…
If the interest of N150.00 for 2 ½ years is N4.50, Find the interest on N250.00 for 6 months at the same rate?
We will have to firstly determine the rate from the first case and then use this same rate to solve for the interest on the second case.
Simple interest = PRT/100
Where P = principal
R = rate in %
T = time in years
For the first case:
Interest = 4.5
P = 150
R = ?
T = 2.5
But interest = PRT/100
4.5 = (150 × R × 2.5)/100
4.5 = 375R/100
4.5 × 100 = 375R
450 = 375R
R = 450/375 = 1.2%
For the second case:
Interest = ?
P = 250
R = 1.2
T = 6 months = 0.5 years
Again, simple interest = PRT/100
Simple interest = (250 × 1.2 × 0.5)/100
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is correct.
- Option B is incorrect.
- C is incorrect.
- D is not the correct answer.
You may please note these/this:
- The steps are clear…
- Firstly, make x the subject of the divisor.
- Secondly, substitute x for p into the original expression.
- Thirdly, we will be left with an equation containing only p, then solve to find p.
- If you love our answers, you can login to comment and say hi to us at the comment section…
To raise new related questions, click the ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page…
/ culled from 2020 JAMB-UTME mathematics past question 34 /