- Which of the following statements correctly describe(s) cathode rays? - 06/27/2022
- A convex mirror is used as a driving mirror because… - 06/27/2022
- A transistor functions mainly as a… - 06/27/2022
In a 15m2 habitat, the total number of Tridax counted using a 1.6m2 quadrant thrown randomly 50 times was 400. What is the Tridax?
Tridax is a plant whose population is to be determined in the context of this question. The use of quadrant is often employed in estimating the population of an organism in a habitat.
The question “what is the tridax?” is actually asking for the population of tridax per square meter of the habitat.
Hence tridax population per square meter = 75/15 = 5
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- 12 is quite incorrect.
- 16 is also incorrect.
- 8 is incorrect.
- D is correct, the population of tridax per square meter is 5
You may please note that:
- The unit is not included in the options, this may be a typo error…
- Absence of unit suggests the answer should be just 75, which is the estimated population of tridax in the whole habitat.
Use the questions and answers session to raise further questions and deal more on this topic…
/ culled from 2017 JAMB-UTME biology question 23 /