In a right-angled triangle, if tan θ = ¾, what is cos θ – sin θ…
- Which of the following statements correctly describe(s) cathode rays? - 06/27/2022
- A convex mirror is used as a driving mirror because… - 06/27/2022
- A transistor functions mainly as a… - 06/27/2022
In a right-angled triangle, if tan θ = ¾, what is cos θ – sin θ?
- A. 4/5
- B. 1/5
- C. 2/5
- D. 3/5
A right-angled triangle is a triangle which has one of its angles as 90 degree.
In such case, we can correctly use SOHCAHTOA to resolve it.
For this question, we would draw a sketch where the opposite side will be 3 and adjacent side 4.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is incorrect.
- Option B is correct.
- C is incorrect.
- D is not the correct answer.
You may please note these/this:
- A right-angled triangle has one of its angles as 90 degree, and obeys SOHCAHTOA.
- SOHCAHTOA is only applicable to a right-angled triangle.
If you love our answers, you can login to comment and say hi to us at the comment section…
To raise new related questions, click the ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page!
/ culled from 2015 JAMB-UTME mathematics past question 29 /