In amoeba osmoregulation is carried out by the
B. food vacuole
C. contractile vacuole
The contractile vacuole is a specialized organelle in amoeba whose main function is to control its concentration of ions and water. Osmoregulation is the removal of unwanted ions, water and materials from the amoeba.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- A is not the right answer. pseudopodium is used for movement and not for osmoregulation.
- B is incorrect. the food vacuole is not responsible for osmoregulation.
- C is correct. contractile vacuole is the organelle for osmoregulation.
- D is incorrect. the nucleus is not responsible for osmoregulation.
You may please note this/these:
- The contractile vacuole is a special organ responsible for removing excess or unwanted ions and water from the organism.
You are free to add your own answers below this page to assist others improve their learning.
You can also click the golden ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page to raise new related questions… OUR COMMUNITY OF EXPERTS WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TACKLE IT…
/ culled from 2019 JAMB-UTME biology past question 36 /