- Which of the following statements correctly describe(s) cathode rays? - 06/27/2022
- A convex mirror is used as a driving mirror because… - 06/27/2022
- A transistor functions mainly as a… - 06/27/2022
In how many ways can 2 students be selected from a group of 5 students in a debating competition?
A. 25 ways
B. 10 ways
C. 15 ways
D. 20 ways
The number of ways in which 2 students can be selected from a group of 5 students in a debating competition is 10.
rearrangement = permutation, while
selection = combination.
2 students can be selected from 5 students in ⁵C₂ = 10 ways
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is incorrect.
- Option B is correct.
- C is not correct.
- D is not the correct answer.
You may please note these/this:
In mathematical permutation and combination topics,
- Selection = combination.
- Rearrangement = permutation.
If you love our answers, you can simply join our community and also provide answers like this, fellow learners like you will appreciate it.
/ culled from 2021 JAMB-UTME MATHEMATICS question 2 /