- Which of the following is a set of neutral oxides? - 11/25/2022
- A secondary alkanol can be oxidized to give… - 11/25/2022
- The IUPAC name for CH3CH2COOCH2CH3 is… - 11/25/2022
Streak Plate Method | Biology Ideas
In lizards the lowing of the gular fold is used to
A. defend their territory
B. attract mates
C. frighten enemies
D. catch insects
The gular fold is a body feature found in the lower throat region of lizards. When a lizard intend to attract a mate, it will arch its back and lower its gular fold. The gular fold also swells when the lizard is in aggressive mode.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is incorrect; the gular fold does not actually go lower, but swells when the lizard is in aggressive mode.
- Option B is correct; the lizards often arch their back and lower their gular folds in order to attract the opposite sex.
- C is not correct; lowering not to frighten enemies.
- D is not the correct answer; lizards do not need to lower their gular folds to catch insects.
You may please note that:
- There is a difference between lowering of gular folds and its swelling.
- While its lowering could be used to attract mate, swelling is often aggressive.
You are free to add your own answers below this page to assist others improve their learning.
You can also click the golden ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page to raise new related questions… OUR COMMUNITY OF EXPERTS WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TACKLE IT…
/ culled from 2015 JAMB-UTME biology past question 24 /