Mammals are capable of producing hypertonic urine mainly because…
Mammals are capable of producing hypertonic urine mainly because of reabsorption in the
A. bowman’s capsule
D. loop of Henle
Mammals are capable of producing hypertonic urine mainly because of reabsorption in the loop of Henle.
The loop of Henle concerns itself with reabsorption and formation of hypertonic urine through manipulation of ions and water concentrations.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- A is not the right answer. the bowman’s capsule is responsible for the filtration of urine out of the blood, and not reabsorption to alter an already formed urine concentration.
- B is incorrect. the urethra does not conduct reabsorption, rather it is simply a small pipe through which spermatozoa and urine are discharged.
- C is incorrect. the ureter is another pipe that carries urine from the kidney to the bladder.
- D is correct. the loop of Henle is the site where salt and water are recovered from urine.
You may please note this/these:
- Sodium chloride and water concentration in the urine are reduced in the loop of Henle.
You are free to add your own answers below this page to assist others improve their learning.
You can also click the golden ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page to raise new related questions… OUR COMMUNITY OF EXPERTS WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TACKLE IT…
/ culled from 2019 JAMB-UTME biology past question 33 /