Metals of the first transition series have special properties which…
Metals of the first transition series have special properties which are different from those of groups I and II elements because they have partially filled.
Transition metals have properties, such as ability to form colored ions and ability to form variable oxidation states. These properties which differentiate them from group 1 and 2 metals arose because their d-orbitals are partially filled.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is incorrect. not partially filled s-orbitals.
- Option B is incorrect. not partially filled p-orbitals.
- C is correct. yes, partially filled d-orbitals.
- D is not the correct answer. Sulphuric acid, not in use.
You may please note these/this:
- While metals of first transition series have partially filled d-orbitals, metals of group 1 and group 2 have either zero filled or completely filled d-orbitals.
You are free to add your own answers below this page to assist others improve their learning.
You can also click the golden ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page to raise new related questions… OUR COMMUNITY OF EXPERTS WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TACKLE IT…
/ culled from 2016 JAMB-UTME Chemistry past question 27 /
Metals of the first transition series have special properties which... » QuizTablet
MOST ACCURATE ANSWERS!!!
Course Provider: Organization
Course Provider Name: N.D Sammy
Course Provider URL: QuizTablet.com