Musical instruments playing the same note can be distinguished from one another owing to the differences in their…
The quality (also known as timbre) of a note is the distinguishing characteristics that makes the ear identify different instruments even if they have the same pitch and loudness.
Please note the difference between these four, different instruments can have the same pitch (or frequency), the same loudness (or volume), and the same intensity, but never the same quality. Therefore, what makes your ear identify the difference between a note from a guitar and a note from a drum is simply the quality.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is correct. the quality of a note will help in identifying the instrument responsible for it.
- Option B is incorrect. different instruments can have the same frequencies or pitch.
- C is incorrect. different instruments can have same intensity.
- D is not the correct answer. Different instruments can have the same loudness.
You may please note these/this:
- The quality of a note is the peculiar characteristics, identifiable by the ear, that differentiates between different instruments.
- This implies that the quality of a note depends on type of instrument and not on frequency, loudness, or intensity.
Use the questions and answers session to correct, express, and contribute your views.
You can also freely share this page with friends.
/ culled from 2018 JAMB-UTME physics question 35 /
Musical instruments playing the same note can be... » QuizTablet
TOP RATED ANSWERS!!!
Course Provider: Organization
Course Provider Name: N.D Sammy
Course Provider URL: QuizTablet.com