One of the features of the fission process is that
A. it leads to chain reaction
B. its products are not radioactive
C. neutrons are not released.
D. the sum of the masses of the reactants equals the sum of the masses of the products.
Fission processes usually release neutrons which in turn attack other available nucleus to result in chain reactions.
When nuclear fission occurs, neutrons are usually produced, these neutrons mostly have the potential to cause chain reactions after bombarding other nucleuses, this is the bottom line.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is correct. it usually leads to chain reactions.
- Option B is incorrect. at least one of its product must be radioactive.
- C is incorrect. neutrons are usually released.
- D is not the correct answer. Some of the masses of the reactants are usually lost in the form of energy which is given by E = mc2.
You may please note these/this:
- Nuclear fission is characterized by release of neutrons, energy, and chain reactions.
Use the questions and answers session to correct, express, and contribute your views.
You can also freely share this page with friends.
/culled from 2018 JAMB-UTME physics question 22 /
One of the features of the fission process is that... » QuizTablet
Course Provider: Organization
Course Provider Name: N.D Sammy
Course Provider URL: https://quiztablet.com/about-quiztablet-community/