- Which of the following statements correctly describe(s) cathode rays? - 06/27/2022
- A convex mirror is used as a driving mirror because… - 06/27/2022
- A transistor functions mainly as a… - 06/27/2022
The causative organism of cholera is
A. Clostridium sp
B. shigella sp
C. vibrio sp
D. salmonella typhi
Causative organisms of specified diseases are micro-organisms responsible for causing such diseases.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Clostridium sp is a collection of different species of clostridium bacteria responsible for diseases like food poisoning, tetanus, diarrhea etc. so, A is quite incorrect.
- Shigella sp are a band of bacteria responsible for diseases like shigellosis, diarrhea, and dysentery. So, B is also incorrect.
- Vibrio sp is a group of bacteria responsible for causing vibriosis and cholera. So, C is correct.
- D is incorrect; salmonella typhi are bacteria responsible for causing typhoid fever.
You may please note that:
- The presence of ‘sp’ in options A to C suggests more than a specific specie of the bacterium.
- Vibrio sp is a collection of different species of bacteria of which one of them vibrio cholerae causes cholera.
Use the questions and answers session to deal further on this topic…
/ culled from 2017 JAMB-UTME biology question 13 /