The cell organelle solely responsible for respiration is the…
The cell organelle solely responsible for respiration is the
C. endoplasmic reticulum
The mitochondrion is a cell organelle responsible for cellular respiration. This is why it is called the power house of the cell, as it respires to produce energy stored as ATP.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is incorrect; the nucleus does not respire, it is responsible for cellular control, storage of genetic codes and reproduction.
- Option B is also incorrect. Nucleolus is one of the internal parts of the nucleus, it does not respire.
- C is incorrect; endoplasmic reticulum is responsible for transporting materials across the cell and not respiration.
- D is the correct answer; mitochondrion is the right organelle.
You may please note that:
- The mitochondrion is often called the power plant or power house of the cell.
You are free to add your own answers below this page to assist others improve their learning.
You can also click the golden ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page to raise new related questions… OUR COMMUNITY OF EXPERTS WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TACKLE IT…
/ culled from 2015 JAMB-UTME biology past question 33 /
The cell organelle solely responsible for respiration is the… » QuizTablet
Course Provider: Organization
Course Provider Name: N.D Sammy
Course Provider URL: QuizTablet.com