The compounds made up of only carbon and hydrogen are called?
A. Carbon compounds
D. Carbon hydrolysis
The compounds made up of only carbon and hydrogen are called hydrocarbons.
Hydrocarbons are what they are, compounds made of only hydrogens and carbons.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is incorrect. carbon compounds could contain any other element other than hydrogen.
- Option B is correct. hydrocarbon = hydrogen + carbon.
- C is incorrect.
- D is not the correct answer. unrelated option.
You may please note these/this:
- Hydrocarbon = any compound involving hydrogen and carbon chemically bonded together.
- Hydrocarbon = hydrogen + carbon.
If you love our answers, you can simply join our community and also provide answers like this, fellow learners like you will appreciate it.
/ culled from 2021 JAMB-UTME CHEMISTRY question 35 /