The disaster that would have the least destructive impact on animal life…
The disaster that would have the least destructive impact on animal life and balance in nature is
A. chemical pollution
B. forest fires
C. oil spillage
D. grasshopper pests
There are two keywords here, they are: ‘least destructive’ and ‘animal life’ Grasshopper pest should be the least destructive especially to animal life, at least directly.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- A is not the right answer. chemical pollution is in fact the most destructive, and by far, a big threat to animal life. There are several chemicals whose pollution could wipe life out of the earth.
- B is incorrect. forest fires are dangerous not just to plants, but to forest animals, forest fires also contribute to the release of greenhouse gasses which can cause global warming over time.
- C is incorrect. oil spillage is dangerous especially to aquatic life.
- D is correct. grasshopper pests are a big direct threat to plants and not animals as required by the question.
You may please note this/these:
- Although grasshopper pests are a direct threat to plants, they also pose indirect threat to animals who survive on these plants.
- The question requires we identify the least threat to animals and not plants.
You are free to add your own answers below this page to assist others improve their learning.
You can also click the golden ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page to raise new related questions… OUR COMMUNITY OF EXPERTS WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TACKLE IT…
/ culled from 2020 JAMB-UTME biology past question 37 /
The disaster that would have the least destructive impact on animal life... » QuizTablet
Course Provider: Organization
Course Provider Name: N.D Sammy
Course Provider URL: QuizTablet.com