The fourteen elements (atomic number 90-103) after actinium…
The fourteen elements (atomic number 90-103) after actinium are called?
C. Pre-actinium elements
D. Atomic elements
The fourteen elements (atomic number 90-103) after actinium are called actinoids.
Actinoids are the 14 consecutive elements from atomic number 90 to 103 in the periodic table. They are highly radioactive elements also known as lanthanides or actinium series or f-block elements.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is correct. they are called actinoids because they appear just after actinium.
- Option B is not correct. not nucleotides.
- C is not correct. not pre-actinium elements.
- D is not the correct answer. Not a relevant option.
You may please note these/this:
- Actinium has the atomic number 89.
- After actinium follows the 14 actinoids with atomic numbers from 90 to 103.
- Actinoids are also called f-block elements.
If you love our answers, you can simply join our community and also provide answers like this, fellow learners like you will appreciate it.
/ culled from 2021 JAMB-UTME CHEMISTRY question 39 /