The general formula for the Alkanals is?
Where R = hydrogen or an alkyl group.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is incorrect. R₂CO = general formula for Alkanones.
- Option B is correct. RCHO = general formula for Alkanals.
- C is incorrect. ROH = general formula for Alkanols.
- D is not the correct answer. RCOOR = general formula for Alkanoates or esters.
You may please note these/this:
- RCHO = Alkanals.
- RCOOH = Alkanoic acids.
- RCOR = Alkanones.
- RCOOR = Alkanoates.
- ROH = Alcohol.
- Where R = hydrogen or alkyl group.
- If you love our answers, you can login to say hi to us at the comment section…
To raise new related questions, click the ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page…
/ culled from 2020 JAMB-UTME chemistry past question 34 /