The hormone which tones up the muscles of a person in times of danger is…
The hormone which tones up the muscles of a person in times of danger is from the
A. thyroid gland
C. adrenal gland
The adrenal gland is well known as the gland that is sensitive to danger. When danger looms, the adrenal glands, which are usually found above the kidneys secret a hormone called adrenaline. This adrenaline is responsible for blood rush, tension, and unusual muscle stimulation.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- A is not the right answer. The thyroid gland, located just below the Adam’s apple, secretes thyroxine which regulates body metabolism…
- B is wrong. Pancreas, is the gland that releases insulin and glucagon to regulate blood sugar level.
- C is correct. adrenal gland releases adrenaline, the emotional hormone.
- D is incorrect. the liver does not produce such hormone.
You may please note this/these:
- The first impression that should come into mind when adrenaline is mentioned should be the impression of a tension controlling hormone.
- The heart starts racing faster, the hairs get straightened and the muscles stimulated to respond to safety.
You are free to add your own answers below this page to assist others improve their learning.
You can also click the golden ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page to raise new related questions… OUR COMMUNITY OF EXPERTS WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TACKLE IT…
/ culled from 2019 JAMB-UTME biology past question 1 /
The hormone which tones up the muscles of a person in times of danger is... » QuizTablet
Course Provider: Organization
Course Provider Name: N.D Sammy
Course Provider URL: https://quiztablet.com/about-quiztablet-community/