The mangrove swamp in Nigeria is restricted to the
A. Sahel savanna
B. Guinea savanna
C. Tropical rainforest
D. Sudan savanna
Mangrove swamp is characterized by a swampy area with high water content and wide biodiversity. The Niger delta is the region in Nigeria where mangrove swamps can be found.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is incorrect; the Sahel savanna is a semi-arid region between the Sudan savanna and the desert. It is not swampy.
- Option B is incorrect; the guinea savanna is the moderate region in between the arid region and the mangrove swamps.
- C is correct. Tropical rainforest is a kind of vegetation characterized by high rainfall and large biodiversity; it is the thick closely packed forest sustained by high annual rainfall. It is found in the Niger delta region.
- D is not the correct answer; Sudan savanna is close to the semi-arid Sahel; it is not swampy.
You may please note that:
- Tropical regions are regions surrounding the equator.
- The equator is an imaginary circle, running east-west, halfway between the south and north pole, and that assumes the pathway of the earth’s rotation about the sun. the Niger delta in Nigeria is located at the southern part of this equator.
You are free to add your own answers below this page to assist others improve their learning.
You can also click the golden ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page to raise new related questions… OUR COMMUNITY OF EXPERTS WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TACKLE IT…
/ culled from 2015 JAMB-UTME biology past question 6 /