The phloem parenchyma is sometimes used for
A. food storage
B. supporting the stem
C. production of the sieve tube
D. transporting water
The phloem parenchyma has two main functions, to store food and to also transport food.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- A is the right answer. phloem parenchyma stores food.
- B is incorrect. no, not to support the stem.
- C is incorrect. companion cells take the responsibility of production of sieve tubes.
- D is incorrect. xylem (not phloem) parenchyma is responsible for transporting water.
You may please note this/these:
- Phloem parenchyma stores and transports food.
- Xylem parenchyma deals with water and not food.
You are free to add your own answers below this page to assist others improve their learning.
You can also click the golden ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page to raise new related questions… OUR COMMUNITY OF EXPERTS WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TACKLE IT…
/ culled from 2019 JAMB-UTME biology past question 17 /