The process of converting starch to ethanol is…
Fermentation is the process of breaking down organic compounds through the action of enzymes.
Large starch molecules can be broken down into ethanol during fermentation.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is incorrect. cracking is the process of breaking down large hydrocarbons into smaller components through the use of heat and not enzymes.
- Option B is incorrect. distillation is the use of heat to separate two mixtures at the boiling point of one of the mixtures.
- C is correct. fermentation breaks down starch with the help of enzymes.
- D is not the correct answer. Oxidation, not the proper attribute.
You may please note these/this:
- Micro-organisms, bacteria, yeast, and other enzymes can induce the breaking down of organic compounds in a process called fermentation.
If you love our answers, you can login to comment and say hi to us at the comment section…
To raise new related questions, click the ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page!
/ culled from 2015 JAMB-UTME Chemistry past question 38 /
The process of converting starch to ethanol is... » QuizTablet
Course Provider: Organization
Course Provider Name: N.D Sammy
Course Provider URL: QuizTablet.com