The process represented by the above equation is
A. protein synthesis
Photosynthesis is a process whereby green plants mix carbondioxide, water, and sunlight, converting them into glucose and oxygen.
Green plants with chlorophyll manage to absorb sunlight and manufacture their own food using carbondioxide and water.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- A is not the right answer. the product shown above is glucose and not protein.
- B is incorrect. the reverse reaction is respiration and not the forward reaction.
- C is correct. photosynthesis is recognized as the reaction above.
- D is incorrect. transpiration is a process whereby plants release excess water into the environment especially through the leaves.
You may please note this/these:
- Photosynthesis involves the mixture and processing of water, CO2, and sunlight by plants to produce their own food.
- The simple products of photosynthesis are glucose and oxygen.
You are free to add your own answers below this page to assist others improve their learning.
You can also click the golden ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page to raise new related questions… OUR COMMUNITY OF EXPERTS WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TACKLE IT…
/ culled from 2020 JAMB-UTME biology past question 1 /