The shadow of a pole 5√3cm on high is 5.5cm…
Posted by: QuizTablet 1036 views MATH
Quick Navigation Panel hide
Latest posts by QuizTablet (see all)
- In the reaction: 3CuO + 2NH3 = 3Cu + 3H2O +N2 how many electrons are… - 06/01/2023
- Find the range of 2, 6, 8, 10, 25, 3, 4, and 32… - 06/01/2023
- A liquid that will dissolve fat is… - 06/01/2023
The shadow of a pole 5√3cm on high is 5.5cm. find the angle of elevation of the sun.
This question obviously has a typo error, the correct question should read:
The shadow of a pole 5√3cm high is 5.0cm. find the angle of elevation of the sun.
We would have to sketch this problem to easily understand what we are doing.
From the sketch, Θ = angle of elevation of the sun from the ground.
Tan Θ = 5√3/5 = √3
Θ = tan¯¹ √3 = 60⁰
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is correct.
- Option B is incorrect.
- C is not correct.
- D is not the correct answer.
You may please note these/this:
- The actual shadow of the pole will be that formed on the ground from the foot of the pole.
- Angle of elevation here will be that from the ground to the sun through the path of the hypotenuse.
- If you love our answers, you can login to comment and say hi to us at the comment section…
To raise new related questions, click the ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page…
/ culled from 2020 JAMB-UTME mathematics past question 18 /