The soil with the highest water-retaining capacity is
A. clayey soil
B. Stoney soil
C. sandy soil
D. loamy soil
For water retention, the correct order will be:
Clayey > loamy > sandy > Stoney
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- A is the right answer. clayey kind of soil retains the most water due to its sticky and closely packed nature.
- B is incorrect. Stoney soil is the least water retaining.
- C is incorrect. sandy soil has less retention.
- D is incorrect. loamy soil retains water less than clay.
You may please note this/these:
- Clayey kind of soil is made up of fine and smooth particles which stick together and prevent easy drainage.
You are free to add your own answers below this page to assist others improve their learning.
You can also click the golden ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page to raise new related questions… OUR COMMUNITY OF EXPERTS WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TACKLE IT…
/ culled from 2019 JAMB-UTME biology past question 24 /
The soil with the highest water-retaining capacity is... » QuizTablet
MOST ACCURATE ANSWERS!!!
Course Provider: Organization
Course Provider Name: N.D Sammy
Course Provider URL: https://quiztablet.com/about-quiztablet-community/