- Which of the following is a set of neutral oxides? - 11/25/2022
- A secondary alkanol can be oxidized to give… - 11/25/2022
- The IUPAC name for CH3CH2COOCH2CH3 is… - 11/25/2022
Tyrannosaurus Rex Quiz and Trivia: A Fun T-Rex Quiz for Kids
The spines of the hedgehog is an adaptive feature for
C. water conservation
D. obtaining food
Hedgehogs are animals the size of rabbit, they have a coat of sharp, stiff spines which they use to deter attackers and predators. When under attack, the hedgehog curls itself into a ball, and ready it’s spines. It is believed that these spines could inject bacteria germs which could cause certain diseases.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is incorrect; the spines are for hostilities not for courtship.
- Option B is correct; it’s for defense, predators tend to be deterred by them.
- Option C is incorrect. No, they are not for water conservation.
- D is also incorrect. Not for obtaining food.
You may please note that:
- A hedgehog is also an example of animal that both aestivate in cold climates, and hibernate in hot climates.
Use the questions and answers session to raise further questions and deal more on this topic…
/ culled from 2016 JAMB-UTME biology past question 21 /