Use the diagram below to answer the question that follows
The structure labeled I is
B. neural canal
C. neural spines
D. transverse process
The structure labeled I is the neural canal, or the spinal canal, or the vertebral foramen. It is the canal through which spines passes.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is incorrect; the centrum is the center region consisting of both the canal and the body.
- Option B is correct
- C is incorrect; neural spines are the spines that carry impulses through the canal. The spines are not present in the diagram because it’s a detached and not an active bone.
- D is not the correct answer; transverse processes are the two longest extensions forming a downward angle.
You may please note that:
- Transverse processes are the two longest downward extensions forming a triangle.
- Neural canal is the pathway or channel through which the neural spines passes.
Use the questions and answers session to raise further questions and deal more on this topic…
/ culled from 2016 JAMB-UTME biology past question 50 /
The structure labeled I is… » QuizTablet
Course Provider: Organization
Course Provider Name: N.D Sammy
Course Provider URL: quiztablet.com