Use the diagram below to answer questions 48 and 49.
The structure labelled I is…
The structure labelled I is called whisker or vibrissae, it is very sensitive to touch (tactile), and used by rats to find their way in the dark.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is correct. The structure labelled I is one of the stiff mouth hairs called whiskers, it is highly sensitive to touch.
- Option B is incorrect. They are not sensitive to radiation.
- C is incorrect; they are not sensitive to light.
- D is not the correct answer. They are not receptive to chemicals.
You may please note that:
- Tactile means sensitivity to touch.
You are free to add your own answers below this page to assist others improve their learning.
You can also click the golden ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page to raise new related questions… OUR COMMUNITY OF EXPERTS WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TACKLE IT…
/ culled from 2015 JAMB-UTME biology past question 49 /