- A convex mirror is used as a driving mirror because-2… - 08/12/2022
- Natural radioactivity consists of the emission… - 08/12/2022
- In the above diagram MN is perpendicular to ON and MP… - 08/12/2022
The vacuole of a plant cell is
A. a large empty space
B. smaller than that of an animal
C. filled with air
D. surrounded by a membrane
A vacuole is a cell organelle whose main function is to isolate waste or poisonous substance from the cell, as well as maintain water balance. It is very large in plants, and small in animal cells. It is also surrounded by various membranes.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- A is not the right answer. although the sac is large, but it is not empty, it is filled with water, wastes and ions.
- B is incorrect. no, plant vacuole is much larger than animal vacuole.
- C is incorrect. not filled with air.
- D is correct. plant vacuole is surrounded by membranes.
You may please note this/these:
- Vacuoles are large in plants.
- Vacuoles are small in animals.
- Vacuoles are membrane-bound sacs.
- Vacuoles are filled with water, waste, and other fluids.
You are free to add your own answers below this page to assist others improve their learning.
You can also click the golden ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page to raise new related questions… OUR COMMUNITY OF EXPERTS WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TACKLE IT…
/ culled from 2020 JAMB-UTME biology past question 3 /