- A convex mirror is used as a driving mirror because-2… - 08/12/2022
- Natural radioactivity consists of the emission… - 08/12/2022
- In the above diagram MN is perpendicular to ON and MP… - 08/12/2022
Viruses are regarded as non-living because they
A. can neither reproduce asexually nor sexually
B. cannot survive in their respective environments
C. do not possess characteristics that can be transmitted from one generation to the next
D. can neither respire nor excrete.
A virus is a sub-microscopic agent that survives by infecting and attaching itself to a living cell. They are not regarded as living organisms because they do not have excretory metabolisms neither do they undergo any kind of respiration.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- A is not the right answer. viruses can replicate and multiply especially in the presence of a host living cell.
- B is incorrect. they can survive environments where favorable living cells are present.
- C is incorrect. they possess DNA as their genetic material.
- D is correct. viruses can neither respire nor excrete.
You may please note this/these:
- Viruses cannot respire.
- Viruses cannot excrete wastes.
- Viruses can replicate, but only in the presence of a host living cell.
- Viruses can transmit their DNA codes to the next generation.
You are free to add your own answers below this page to assist others improve their learning.
You can also click the golden ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page to raise new related questions… OUR COMMUNITY OF EXPERTS WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TACKLE IT…
/ culled from 2020 JAMB-UTME biology past question 9 /