The mean of the numbers 1.2, 1.0, 0.9, 1.4, 8, 0.8, 1.2 and 1.1 is…
- Which of the following is a set of neutral oxides? - 11/25/2022
- A secondary alkanol can be oxidized to give… - 11/25/2022
- The IUPAC name for CH3CH2COOCH2CH3 is… - 11/25/2022
The mean of the numbers 1.2, 1.0, 0.9, 1.4, 8, 0.8, 1.2 and 1.1 is
The mean of a set of numbers is simply its average, it is equal to the addition of all the numbers divided by the number of numbers being added.
So, the mean will be = (1.2 + 1.0 + 0.9 + 1.4 + 8 + 0.8 + 1.2 + 1.1)/8 = 15.6/8 = 1.95
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is incorrect.
- Option B is incorrect.
- C is correct.
- D is not the correct answer.
You may please note these/this:
- Mean = average = total sum of all numbers / number of numbers added
- If you love our answers, you can login to comment and say hi to us at the comment section…
To raise new related questions, click the ASK A QUESTION BOTTON down this page…
/ culled from 2020 JAMB-UTME mathematics past question 06 /