- Which of the following is a set of neutral oxides? - 11/25/2022
- A secondary alkanol can be oxidized to give… - 11/25/2022
- The IUPAC name for CH3CH2COOCH2CH3 is… - 11/25/2022
When Chlorine water is exposed to bright sunlight, the following products are formed
When chlorine water is exposed to sunlight, it temporarily changes into hypochlorous acid (HOCl), and then finally into hydrochloric acid and oxygen.
Now for the right answer to the above question:
- Option A is incorrect. chlorine, not a product.
- Option B is incorrect. chlorine, not a product.
- C is correct. oxygen is a product.
- D is not the correct answer. Hypochlorous acid is only a temporary product.
You may please note these/this:
- Hypochlorous acid is a product of temporary exposure, while aqueous hydrogen chloride and oxygen are the final products.
Use the questions and answer section to correct, express, and contribute your views.
You can also share this page with friends.
/culled from 2019 JAMB-UTME Chemistry question 13/