Which of the following cycles involves the process of precipitation…
Which of the following cycles involves the process of precipitation and transpiration?
A. Water cycles
B. Carbon cycle
C. Nitrogen cycle
D. oxygen cycle
Precipitation is the atmospheric formation of water in the form of rain, snow, hail, mist, dew, fog or ice. Transpiration is said to occur when plants release water into the atmosphere through the leaves.
To the right option…
- Option A is very correct; precipitation involves the return of water from the atmosphere to the earth, while transpiration involves the reintroduction of water from the earth, through plant leaves, to the atmosphere. So, water cycle is the right word here.
- Option B is incorrect; precipitation and transpiration both has something to do with water recycle and not carbon or carbon dioxide.
- Nitrogen cycle has to do with the taking out and reintroduction of Nitrogen into the atmosphere, it has nothing to do with precipitation and transpiration. C is incorrect
- Actually, D is also incorrect; both processes does not add or remove oxygen from the atmosphere.
You may please note that:
- Oxygen would have been considered close if it were proven that water vapor in the atmosphere does naturally split into oxygen and hydrogen, no evidence of this occurrence.
You may use the questions and answers session to deal further on this topic…
/culled from 2018 JAMB-UTME biology question 22/
Which of the following cycles involves the process of precipitation... » QuizTablet
Course Provider: Organization
Course Provider Name: N.D Sammy
Course Provider URL: quiztablet.com